Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Tuesday's Sounders Thoughts

I decided not to do a player ratings post from the Colorado match. Following the tackle on Zakuani there was just little to really look at with how the team played. On one hand I was a little miffed that they played so poorly, even when up a man. However, you could tell there was just a lot of emotions going on and it really effected the team. Its never fun to see a high level player get injured like that, but when it happens that early in the game it has to take something out of you. I am looking forward to seeing the teams response to playing at home this week.

Overall, I think we have achieved what we wanted to out of this 2 game road trip. 4 points against 2 good teams on the road is a good achievement. As you can see in one of my earlier posts, I talked about the number of points I would like to grab over this 5 game period. I wanted to see us pick up around 7 or 8 points at a minimum. A win against Toronto puts us at that 7 point mark before we go on another 2 game road trip against DC United and the Columbus Crew. 9 to 11 points is now reasonable.

I will put a more in-depth preview of the Toronto game up in a few days. Hopefully between now and then we find out that Brian Mullan has received at least a 5 game suspension.

Go Sounders!

No comments:

Post a Comment